1. In order to provide you with the full range of services on the Site, we are sometimes required to collect information about you. We will use any personal information collected from the Site in accordance with all laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data including the Data Protection Act 1998 (as may be amended) (the “Data Protection Act”). Further details on the Data Protection Act can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website
2. Personal information you are asked to supply during your use of the Site including that you supply voluntarily as part of the registration process and any other information relating to your Contributions (“Your Data”), will be used by us, our group companies, service providers and other organisations and by subcontractors, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your Membership; (ii) in making decisions about whether any Contributions you seek to upload onto the Site should be accepted, rejected or used; (iii) for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see paragraph 10 below); and/or (iv) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
3. You may be requested to take part in promotional activity if you join one of our rallies, and we reserve the right to use your details, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings in any publicity.
4. Your Data supplied as part of your Membership profile may, unless we tell you otherwise, be able to be seen by other members of the Site. You can control some of the information other users see using the “My account” section on the website.
6. The information collected on the Site includes:
a. Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which are automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are numbers that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet and are used by us to observe users’ interest in this Site (number of visits, etc).
b. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer or other device and used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the Site also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users’ computer. We will use such cookies to identify unique users to the Site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
c. Cookies also allow us to make our sites more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site.
7. We currently contract with several on-line partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use the Site. To do this, we may use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on the Site. The type of information we collect includes content viewed, pages, site sections and videos. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing companies log the information coming from the Site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used and the marketing companies do not have access to your personal data such that you can be personally identified.
10. There are opportunities on the website to receive e-mail communications alerting you to news and offers from us as fully explained before you subscribe. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by replying to the email using the “unsubscribe” link.
12. If you are 16 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information on the Site.
13. We will hold your Data and Contributions for as long as is necessary and reasonably required for the relevant service or purpose.
Every time you enter an area of the site that carries or requires sensitive information such as registration details is secure. We use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communications Technology security standards that are supported by all current browsers. SSL encrypts your data as it is sent through the Internet, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than our secure server.
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information we may obtain about you. By registering or opening a line of communication with us, you agree to this use.
14. When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain personal data. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfill our agreement with you.
15. We may use information you provide or is obtained by us:
a. To register you with our website and to administer our services;
b. For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services, which we think will interest you from the information we have.
c. To provide you with our newsletter if you have opted-in to receive it. We will always provide you with the option of unsubscribing within each newsletter sent.
d. For the prevention and detection of fraud.
e. To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
16. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
a. To our employees and agents to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by us now or in the future.
b. Agents who profile your data (which cannot identify you personally) so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
WE MAY ALSO DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION:
c. To any person or company who sponsors, partners or supports the event.
d. To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
e. If we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
17. In order that we can monitor and improve the website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser version and the web site you visited prior to our site.
19. We may supplement the information you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
20. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
21. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.